Friday, December 30, 2011

No Caffeine: Day 3... the final day!

I will preface this post by saying that I am drinking a cup of fabulous, warm coffee right this minute!

My hardcore dieting and no caffeine lasted three days!  After two days of caffeine headaches, I am never quitting coffee cold turkey again!  To be more realistic, I'm probably never quitting coffee period! 

Day 3 - I woke up with just a slight headache, took some advil, and went to basketball practice.  I ate a banana and an apple for breakfast.  I really don't like bananas that much... but I powered through.  I ran a bunch of errands around town and went to the grocery store.  I found some good deals on more apples and veggies.  When I got home, I made myself a lunch of yogurt & granola and some bread & cheese.  While it fulfilled my hunger, it wasn't that exciting since I'd had pretty much the same thing the day before.

By the time Kevin got home from work, I'd pretty much decided that I am not hardcore enough to cut out all of my favorites (hamburgers, tortilla chips, coffee!!!).  When he decided that he'd had enough of life without coffee, we scrapped the whole diet and returned to normal life!  This was conveniently timed because we ended up going to dinner with friends.  I ate chips & salsa and a chicken caesar salad without the dressing.  Still pretty healthy, but I allowed myself the tortilla chips to splurge! 

All in all, it was an interesting experience, but I'm not disciplined enough to continue 14 days without my favorite beverage!  Ahhh... coffee, I've missed you!

No comments: