Tuesday, December 27, 2011

No Caffeine: Day 1 Update

I'm really glad that I'm detoxing the caffeine over Winter Break... my kids would call me a mean teacher if I was at school today.  Without my coffee this morning, I've turned into Grouchy Sarah!!!  Yikes!  I've had a significant headache all day, but I'm keeping it at bay with some Advil.  From previous caffeine detoxing, I know that the first day and a half are the worst.  This time tomorrow, most of the caffeine will be out of my system, and I won't be dragging quite so much! 

I ate some turkey for lunch, yes, just turkey!  I needed to run some errands, so I just heated up some turkey and scarfed it down.  Then I had some Greek yogurt and granola for a snack just now.

I also went grocery shopping and loaded up on fruits and veggies.  Kroger had a good sale on apples and oranges!!  I bought some Kale... never eaten it before, but it's supposed to be rich in vitamins and nutriuents... yikes.  I'm scared...

Hopefully now with a snack in my tummy and some food in the house, I'll be less grouchy! 

No comments: