Wednesday, December 01, 2010

anxious

I have been worrying about our adoption today.  Our communication with our birth mother has been on and off - mostly due to the fact that we do not have direct access to our birth mother yet.  We have to go through a chain of communication.  It's been about a week since we've heard anything, and I am trying to be patient.

I know that God is working in our best interests, and I know that He has already gone before us in this whole situation.  Still, I am worrying.  With so much still "up in the air" about this adoption, it is easy to become discouraged.  I am fighting that!

Kevin's facebook status was a good reminder for me today...  He posted Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Psalm 139:23 - "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."

Most of all, I need to remember Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hope these words will encourage you in your situation, as they have encouraged me in our adoption.  I will keep praying for our birth mother and for our baby.  I will keep asking God to go before us in every step of this process.  I will not be anxious.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Praying that GOD gives you peace about the adoption. We will be praying with you :)